Many Inventors trying to bring their product ideas showcase are totally crushed by rejection. So, I thought I would supply a list of some belonging to the reasons you could have gotten denied. It does not cover every reason you have access to rejected, but hopefully make a something start thinking about.
You truly realize that inventing is fundamentally a numbers game! Yes, you still need to own a good idea but you will discover that no matter how good a perception you may believe it is you can still get rejected. Many marketable ideas are rejected all time. Even if it does not make sense to you that would certainly reject an idea that they agree is usually profitable. Here’s some common purposes why even marketable ideas are rejected.
1. They may presently have a full line of services not looking to add alot more.
2. Urge for food is outside their marketplace.
3. You sent your submission into the wrong person in the company – don’t assume they’ll automatically send it to the right one.
4. You sent one does this program unsolicited without contacting the company first to observe their submission policy, in addition they rejected it solely on that basis.
5. You did not have proper contact information on your the distribution. (That is one of the greatest mistakes Inventors make. The corporation will not bother for you to trace you alongside.)
6. Include too many similar providers that companies are flooded a sufficient quantity of.
7. Your idea attracts a little niche market and besides mass market items.
8. Value to manufacture versus the return on investment is too high.
9. Revenue sheet didnrrrt WOW them and lacked consumer benefits information or was overloaded with great deal information to sort through.
10. Goods has already been patented by someone else and tend not to want to ascertain if they might go around it or risk infringement issues.
11. Your products or idea isn’t much better what is on the market. This tells them you did not research your idea okay and don’t need a clue who competitors is looking.
12. You sent a specific thing that is precisely like their current product and that current technique are a marginal seller. So yours won’t fare any better.
13. Your idea is outdated or perhaps on the downswing whenever compared with what is coming out one year afterwards.
14. They have a better solution than yours their works for release that coming year. (This is also where Inventors may scream the company stole their idea regardless of whether the company has already invested in molds, engineering, samples, invention ideas etc prior into the Inventor contacting the company about their idea. This happens a masse. Inventors forget that they aren’t the sole ones creating.)
15. They have already received a similar idea from another Inventor and are currently in negotiations with this Inventor.
16. An individual posted your idea unprotected online in a of those invention posting sites where others vote on goods to verify that there is interest. Your public disclosure makes the actual concerned whether any patent protection may allowed and turns it down depending that send.
17. You posted your unprotected idea and video of the significant prototype on youtube and have a significant regarding hits. It can raises the concern whether any patent would be possible due to your public disclosure.
18. You stated that you should have an issued patent, whenever they participate in a quick search on your patent they identify that it has lapsed due to non-payment of fees and it’s been lapsed significantly past the due encounter. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. There’s a patent, nevertheless was poorly written and will not cover the actual product. (This happens a lot)
20. You have a design patent and designing around your patent is a straightforward task, meaning that they can expect very little protection for sale.
21. Sometimes the company you have approached just doesn’t the outside inventions ideas and doesn’t publicize i’m not sure. So you get a rejection letter, but which are explain they don’t really look beyond the company.
22. You sent them your product but they have already decided on your line for that year or go with the following year and are not open to taking on anything else at period.
23. The right amount . consider items with a sales history they can review your item by no means been in production or sold stores or online. So do not need to consider the risk for being the first company advertising it.
As I stated above these are a few of the reasons you should have your idea/product rejected by a company. Really take period to research the offers completely and understand your market, your invest that market and plenty of research part to create yourself as marketable as we possibly can.